The things I am thankful for today:
- My ability to see. All it takes is my annual trip to the optometrist and those god-awful dilating drops for me to realized just how truly lucky I am to have my vision and how much I take that fact for granted.
- My David Bowie shirt. D got it for me a few years ago at Target because he knows how much I love Bowie (and it’s the “Live from Philadelphia” Cover), but could only find a size XXL. It’s one of those super slim girl-fit shirts, so an XXL isn’t a total dress, but it’s a bit too big to wear out of the house. Still, this shirt has become my go-to comfort shirt, especially this week.
- The lunch special at Kabuki. 2 sushi rolls, a bowl of miso soup, and a salad for $8.50? Yes please! Not only is this a great deal, but the special runs ’til 3 so I can generally get here on Fridays. And even better? The sushi is super fresh and delicious (and their ginger salad dressing is AMAZING)! The only downside is that it’s kind of ruined me on my work time sushi lunch spot because the food there is nowhere near as good.
- The fact it’s Friday. I am so mentally and physically ready for it to be the weekend… I only wish that I had more down time.
- A glass of water, with a ridiculous amount of ice. Sometimes, my friends, it’s the little things…