OK, so it’s technically coming in past Tuesday, but I’m still counting it because I’m still in my clothes from today. Clearly that counts for something, right?
Anyway, I’m exhausted and need to go to bed. Actually, I need to re-read my freelance project, but I think I’m going to have to just bite the bullet, nap, and get up at like, 4 a.m. Methinks any editing done right now might do more harm than good.
But before I crash, I post the 5 things I’m thankful for today:
- Free margarita’s, the fuel for solving the world’s problems. I was invited to a little Groupon gathering at Q BBQ in Old City and Nancy was nice enough to come as my +2. We weren’t expecting the huge crowd, but we still enjoyed sampling the tasty food by local restaurants supporting the Groupon website and sipping on delicious margaritas while listening to some pretty chill live music (gotta love a Stevie Wonder cover band who’s actually good). The best part? It was totally free! It was also great to catch up with Nancy, but of course my self-imposed curfew was broken and I rolled in around 11:30 instead of the planned 9:30.
- The kindness of ko-workers. My co-workers are always friendly and nice, but today they exceeded their general quota. After sharing some produce, one brought me a sample of the dish she made: delicious eggplant parm! My other co-worker, who I’ve talked about my yoga adventures with (and who tried a hot yoga class with me a couple months back), offered to give me the Groupon she bought for a 3 classes at a yoga studio in Vorhees because the exp. is coming up and it interferes with her marathon training. Hooray for unexpected acts of kindness!
- Getting to catch up with some friends. You would think moving buildings meant I moved states, but sometimes it feels that way. Because the nature of my job/dept. is so much different than my former one, it can be hard to KIT. But today I got to talk to 2 friends from my former dept, one on the phone (yes, I called her, even though we probably were only about a 5-minute walk from each other) and one on a quick break from my big ol’ editing project. Although both were brief, it was nice to catch up and see how both ol’ pals were doing.
- Coupons! As this post reflects, I am a total coupon whore, and sometimes the excitement of saving a couple bucks is enough to get me jazzed. Today D was able to run to Cutter’s Mill and take advantage of their 25% off coupon so we could stock up on stuff for the buns. Tre exciting, esp. considering the fact we were in desperate need of hay and CareFresh.
- For the Love of Lionheads. Less than one week after we visited the PSPCA and were able to establish some networking connections with their staff, we got a call from them in need of some help: 25 lionhead rabbits were seized from one negligent home in Philly and they needed help finding them homes, or at least rescues (their shelter is not equipped for rabbits…). We’ve already been slammed with overcrowded shelter requests, abandoned buns found outside, and surrenders (the post-Easter madness continues…) and already have a”waiting list.” We really didn’t think we would be able to find anyone to take these poor guys in, but as of last update, we’ve been able to home/foster 9 of the remaining 15 (I’m guessing another local rescue was able to step up and take 10… I hope). Although I hate we have to do this, it makes me happy to know that there are people out there willing to help and who can make a difference. Animal rescue can be really tough, frustrating, and depressing, especially when one major bust can seemingly negate all your hard work. So it’s nice when you’re able to find more resources and expand the network of kind-hearted people willing to open their homes and hearts to a furry friend in need.