OK, so it’s been awhile, but back to 5 things I’m grateful for…
- You like D, you really like D. D got his review at work last week, which turned out to be pretty kickass. Not only did they say a lot of really positive and constructive things, they also gave him a really awesome pay bump!! In a day where a lot of people are struggling to find or keep their job, I’m just sososo proud of my Woobs and happy that his company acknowledges all his hard work. We are both so grateful that he’s with a good company that takes care of its employees!
- Special Delivery. I came home Tuesday to find a package addressed to me on the kitchen counter. I was racking my brain, trying to figure out who it could be from. When I opened the package, I was surprised and delighted to find this:
My friend from WAC remembered me admiring it at Twigs and Teacups, the awesome shop in Chestertown where she works part-time, when I was at WAC in the spring for reunion/graduation. To my delight, Melissa not only remembered me cooing over this fun kitchen addition, she picked one up for me and dropped it in the mail and seriously brightened my day. Thank you again, Melissa! (And check out her blog in my blogroll!)
- Times to Paaaarrrrrrrty! Although I’m sad that my BFF is going to be even FURTHER away from me, I’m so very excited that she has been accepted to Kiva’s very prestigious internship program!! And fortunately, we’ll have the chance to have a final “girls night” together this Friday–Republic of Georgia-bound or no, some good together time is WAY overdue!!
- It’s All About the Benjamins. At a time when I’m trying to save money for my Eurotrip with Kateness and Left Coast Lara and sort of panicked about doing so, I’m excited that I not only picked up a freelance paper to edit, but I’m also going to be 2nd shooter for a wedding in a couple weeks, which I’m very excited for! Not only will it be great to get back behind the camera (I love shooting weddings!), it’s the wedding for a childhood friend, so it’ll be cool to see her on her special day!
- She’s Got a Ticket to Ride & She Don’t Care. Elle bought our bus tickets for DC to attend The Rally to Restore Sanity! Especially after the latest round of sheer ridiculousness and insanity, I am really looking forward to sharing a day in the company with people who care, but don’t care enough to become fanatical. Oh yeah, and there might be a little bit of drinking involved… just sayin’ 🙂